- Understand your company’s global strategy and ambitions:
- Embrace a global mindset
- Get out there!
- Build a support system to sharpen global thinking
- Help others to think globally too
If you look at the suggestions and read a countless other posts that talk about how to succeed in any realm of life, there are some similarities that I find.
- Reflect: Irrespective of the field of work that you want to succeed in, you need to be able to reflect on the reasons why you want to succeed and what success means, looks and feels like to you.
- Intent: You need to start building a mindset of being intentional in everything that you do. You need to be able to be conscious about the decisions you make, biases & limitations you have and most importantly be intentional about learning from the decisions and your actions (good or bad) that you make.
- Act: You need to be willing to take decision and act on the opportunities that you get. This bias of action is what separates the intellectuals (who know it all) from the achievers.
- Learn: You need to be willing to be present and immerse yourself in the field that you want to succeed in. You need to be willing to experiment & learn by being present in the market or field that you want to succeed in. The day you stop learning, is the day you start your way down.
Real mastery always comes from the inside out. The true blueprint for success is to develop this ability to reflect, be intentional in all your actions and continue to learn.