Below are my notes from the talk and the Q&A that followed the talk. Hope there is some learning for you. I learnt some new things and some thoughts were reinforced.
Notes from the session:
- Honesty, integrity, humility: the three most important virtues of a good leader.
- Diversity is only as relevant, as much as the leader is willing to listen to differing opinion.
- Motivation comes from within. External stimuli that motivates, can quickly turn depressing as well.
- Retaining talent is all about understanding skills, personal goals & aligning them with corporate goals
- Competing with oneself to seek to be a better version of oneself is the best way to succeed & stay happy at the same time.
- Influx of new ideas and new people is critical to innovation.
- Having an experimentation budget allows you to take risks to push the envelope without worrying too much.
- Leaders responsibility is to get their team take responsibility to stand and deliver when matters. Leader only clears the path of any hurdles or challenges.
- stretch goals and tight constraints bring out the best & forces people to become creative in their approach.
Do you have any other thoughts that we can all learn from to become better leaders? Pls do share them here below.