In today’s episode, we host Peter Shankman. He is an author, entrepreneur, speaker, and worldwide connector. He is recognised worldwide for radically new ways of thinking about Customer Service, Social Media, PR, marketing and advertising.
The New York Times has called him “a PR all-star who knows everything about new media and then some,”. Peter is a spectacular example of what happens when you merge the power of pure creativity with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and a dose of adventure, and make it work to your advantage.
In my opinion, his thoughts about customer service and how businesses can use customer service to not only differentiate themselves from their competition but also to use it as a competitive advantage is as sound as it can get. If you run a business and want to understand how and what needs done to delight your customers, Peter is your go-to man.
In this free wheeling conversation, we talk about a wide range of topics around customer service and how easy/difficult it is to create great service experience and yet how uncommon it is. We also talk about how you could use customer service in growing your business.
Most important learnings from the conversation:
- Great customer service can become your key differentiator in growing your business and it doesn’t cost much.
- We are now moving to a customer service based economy.
- Customer service has the potential to become a competitive advantage for a business.
- You don’t need a lot of budget to create an awesome experience for your customers.
- Hire people for their empathy and not for their skills.
- Being Human is critical for any business..
- Focus on making the customers you have feel amazing and the customers you want will come to you.
You can reach Peter on Twitter. You can also find his social stream here. You can buy his book Zombie Loyalists: Using Great Service to Create Rabid Fans.