In this episode, we host Alok Goyal, Partner at Stellaris Venture Partners and until recently, he was the Chief Operating Officer of SAP India Pvt. Ltd., a large global software company’s India subsidiary.
Alok was also a strategy consultant (with McKinsey & Company in India and The McKenna Group in California, USA). Alok did his undergrad in Computer Science from IIT Delhi, a Masters in Computer Sciences from the University of Texas at Austin and an MBA from INSEAD, France.
In this free wheeling conversation, Alok shares a lot of insights on
- The subtle shift in B2B buyer behaviour
- How the role of marketing has changed and where marketing plays a lead role and where sales plays a lead role in a selling process.
- The importance of how Marketing and Sales functions can work better together
- The use of science, data and intelligence tools that is being used in the sales process.
- How sales leaders can stay up-to-date and relevant and some of the roles of sales leaders that hasn’t changed over time..
- The importance of generating a great quality pipeline and using intelligence on the pipe to improve the effectiveness.
- What can sales leaders do to help their team to be more effective..
- What are some of the common mistakes that sales leaders do and how to learn from them
- What goes into creating a culture that helps sales executives flourish
- How should one look at compensating sales execs..
- Some trends that he sees in the market as a VC..
- Leadership in General..
We hope you enjoy this conversation and learn from the insights shared by Alok.
You can connect with Alok on LinkedIn.