Who is on the show today
We host Lakshmipathy Bhat on this episode. He is a Marketing Communications professional, passionate about brands, marketing communications and new media. He is also a failed entrepreneur with some learning to show for it.
Why is he on the show
He is an avid blogger and early adapter of new media & tech. His blog – BhatNaturally ranks among the one of the best blogs on advertising, marketing and creativity.
He is a regular contributor as columnist and guest blogger at leading trade & business publications like Economic Times, afaqs, Financial Express and more. He was a visiting faculty member at IIFM Business School, Bangalore teaching Digital Marketing.
What do we talk about on the show
- A product that meets a need..
- A product needs to do something that is of relevance to a consumer and doing it differently..
- Articulation of a belief and being consistent..
- Instead of Outspending your competition, outwit your competition..
H0w to Protect and grow a brand
- Out-think in product development and outpace competition in execution..
- Putting the consumer first..
Difference between branding, advertising and marketing..
- branding is personality that creates a preference to your brand
- Advertising is showcasing the personality
- Marketing is going to a place where you could find a date, exhibit your personality and get yourself a date (prospect), whom you end up having a long term relationship.
- certain categories for which the carpet bombing is fully relevant
- the only reason for Advertising to exist is to drive sales
- Don’t be a me me me brand on social..
- Showcase your human side and be of value to your customer (drool value)..
- Telling a story through a free platforms
- Post that explore all the other platforms..
- If you build, they will not come..