Who is on the show:
In this episode, we host Krishnan Chatterjee. He is a musician and a marketer. He heads marketing for SAP Indian sub-continent. He stumbled his way through IIM-A into the corporate jungle. Became the Head of Marketing for a large IT Company-a journey in which he used his voice in keynote speeches and such like. Came to his senses in the late noughties with the realization that your identity lies in what you create – and not in position, possession or power. Discovered songs don’t need much writing, and promptly adopted white collar rock to blow off creative steam.
Why is he on the show:
He has great clarity in thought, thinks in frameworks and I have found to be to-the-point no-nonsense marketer. He also has great insights about the role of the marketing function and how it needs to evolve within a business.
What do we talk about:
In this free-wheeling conversation, we talk about the following:
- Difference between marketing a services company and a product company
- How has marketing evolved over the times and stays relevant in an ever changing world
- Importance of remark-ability & advocacy in todays world
- Importance of delivering on the promise of the brand
- Compelling event marketing (Amul)
- Z-CMO – CMO in the zero moment
- Should Marketing be part of the product development cycle?
- Marketing’s Market making capability
- Competency Model
- Ability to know your Audience like the back of your hand
- Know what competency is our strengths
- Excellence – Name and describle why you are worldclass
- Affirmative Action – Can you generate urgency and momentum to the business
- Strategist – Are you able to conceptualize original ideas
- Leader – Ability to bring ideas to fruition
- Top challenges of a CMO and how to tackle them
Video’s referred by Krishnan:
How Can I Connect with him:
A small request:
If you liked what you read/heard, I would request you to head over to my patreon page and become a patron for the blog/podcast. You could do so by contributing anywhere from a single dollar to about 1000 USD depending upon how much you like the blog/show.
Think of it like the following – I will bring thought leaders to your door step and in return all I am asking is for you to spend just enough to get a cup of coffee for the expert that is in your home.
I would like to keep this podcast ad-free and need your support regarding the same. You can also find some very interesting artists whom you can also contribute for.