Morgan Spurlock, for those of us who dont know him, is a story teller par excellence. He has made such phenomenal movies like Supersize Me and the “The Greatest Movie Ever Sold” and a lot more. His TED Talk has been viewed more than 3 Million times.
When I watched his talk about storytelling, which he gave at PSFK conference, I was absolutely sure that I will share this with my friends and entrepreneur friends who read this blog. While he focuses on story telling as his audience, I am sure the same also is very true and relevant for all of our entrepreneurs.
So, if you have the time, please do go ahead and watch the entire talk below.
If you don’t have the time, I have summarised my learning from his talk below.
My learnings from the talk:
- Stand out but not too much.
- Be crazy and do crazy stuff, but don’t be seen as THE crazy person.
- Stay calm but also rock the boat.
- You have to be ready and willing to take criticism.
- Have persistence of vision.
- You cant plan for change but you can plan for impact and how you hope to affect change.
- Own your derivative impact.
- The more risks you take, the less risky things become.
- Building a good product is only the beginning, what is important is getting it to the hands, hearts and the minds of our audience.
You can find more information about Morgan and his work here.
You can also watch his TED Talk here: