Who is on the show:
Why is he on the show:
He is a visual artist and uses agile, iterative techniques like Visual Thinking, Culture Mapping, and Gamestorming to get people engaged and involved in co-creating clear, unique and executable business strategies. His latest book – Liminal Thinking, talks about a core practice for connected leaders in a complex world.
What do we talk about:
In a free-wheeling conversation, we speak about
- How did he come about writing his book “Game-storming” with Sunni Brown and James Macanufo and his experience of writing the book
- Empathy Map and he shares a story about a session where he used the map and how it impacts people
- Why is it so difficult for people to empathise with others?
- How did his book “Connected Company” come about and what it was all about (Digital Transformation), which led to the question about how to make the transformation?
- How this led him to his latest book – “Liminal Thinking”
- The entire conversation around belief and how critical it is for internal transformation
- What are some of the most simple of things that if done can have significant impact on our lives?
- The ability to sit back and observe oneself as a third person is a meta ability that can help us bring about significant changes in our own lives. How could one go about developing this ability?
- Is there a connection between being in the moment and visual thinking?
- Something that was surprising and interesting while researching for the book – “Liminal thinking”.
- Who does he considers the most inspiring person and why?
- What is it that you see in the world that blows his mind?
- What is the biggest limitation of humanity? Why?
- What does his creative process looks like? What are his routines that support his creativity?
- What gives him joy or how does he rejuvenate himself?
- Where does he get creative ideas from ?
- What is his learning habits? How does he continue to evolve and grow as a person?
- Book Recommendation:
- What he thinks is obvious but people miss all the time (The answer will definitely surprise you).
- What is one thing he wants you to do as soon as you finish listening to this conversation?
- Get in touch with your ignorance.
- Seek understanding.
- Do something different.
How can you connect with him: