Welcome to episode number 4 of “Pushing Beyond the Obvious”. In this episode, we have with us Bob Thompson, CEO & editor of www.customerThink.com, the biggest online community about customers and customer centricity.
Bob has recently released his book #HookedOnCustomers. We shall talk to him today about what does customer centricity mean and everything that goes along with it.
We talk about
- The fact that most customer centric organizations are such, because their operational fabric is such that they do listen to their customers and act upon it and this is not part of a special program or a project.
- CRM, Customer Experience Management, social businesses & big data have become buzz words and without the right culture behind the efforts, they do more harm to the business.
- The role of Chief Customer Officers & how it is critical to have the CEO assume that role.
- Some of the mistakes that firms do in their journey towards becoming customer centric and how they can avoid them.
- What role can the sales, marketing and customer service teams play in the journey
- When is it not a good idea to listen to your customers (with a good example).
- The steps that he outlines in his book, Hooked on Customer (which by the way is a great book & you should pick it up): Listen, Think, Empower, Create & Delight.
This chat provides some very good insights if you want to or already are on your journey to becoming customer centric.
Hope you enjoy the chat.