Who is on the show today:
In today’s episode, we have Dr. Dean Shroeder & Dr. Alan G Robinson, authors of the best selling book “Ideas Driven Organization”.
Why are they on the show
Dr. Alan G. Robinson, is an award-winning author, educator, researcher and consultant. He has co-authored six books, which have been translated into more than 20 languages. His specialties include managing continuous improvement, creativity, ideas and innovation lean production. He has advised more than 200 organizations in 25 countries. He is also Professor at the Isenberg School of Management of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
Dean M Schroeder, PhD, knows management matters. It matters to people, and it matters to performance. His mission is to help organizations by leading them to experience the positive changes that happen through improving their management systems and techniques. He is also an award-winning author, consultant and scholar. He is the Herbert and Agnes Schulz Professor of Management at Valparaiso University in Indiana.
The best-selling book, Ideas Are Free, which they co-authored was voted the Reader’s Choice by Fast Company magazine and selected as one of the 30 Best Business Books of the Year by Soundview Executive Books.
What are we talking about
- What is an Ideas Driven Organization? Why is it important to build such an organization and their importance in the context of the times that we live in
- The significance of building a culture where ideas are not only welcome but are also actioned on.
- Why command & control systems might not be the right way to manage organizations in today’s economy?
- The best process for creative problem solving that works
- The importance of small ideas & the competitive advantage they provide.
- The importance of carrying ideas to different parts of the organization.
- How knowledge industries can benefit from building processes around ideas?
- How can governments benefit from building an ideas driven organization?
- Importance of having the right strategy in order to truly accelerate the benefit from building an ideas driven culture?
- The importance of goal alignment
- How can a start-up build a culture of Ideas driven organization right from the start?
- The role of a leader in the organization
We had a great conversation and I learnt a lot from both Dean & Alan.
You can find more information about the Ideas Driven Organization at their blog here.
Buy their book
You can also buy their book on amazon by clicking on the book image below. This is an affiliate link.
PS: The posts that i speak about in the conversation are: