I came across this oscar award winning animated short film and fell in love with it.. Before we proceed, pls watch the movie below.
I think that the movie is so cleverly done that everyone who watches it can take away something from it.
My leadership lessons from the movie are as below:
- How critical it is to have a vision and communicate it clearly such that everyone around you understand it.
- It is important to lead from the front and remove obstacles for your team.
- Though it is important to have a plan, you need to be able to respond in real-time to events and use it to your advantage while not losing your original vision.
- In times of trouble, great leaders make sure that their teams are taken care of first and their personal interest comes post that.
- All of this leads to a culture where people trust their leaders and teams with that culture can do the impossible.
These are my lessons from the movie. What are yours?